If you’ve never decoupaged before, don’t be scared. It’s not as fancy as it sounds, but the end result is beautiful using this how-to guide from Tori Spelling’s CelebraTORI: Unleashing Your Inner Party Planner to Entertain Friends and Family.
If you graduated from kindergarten, you’ve got all the skills you need. You are basically just cutting out pictures and gluing them onto a surface.
1. Pick your surface. You can decoupage anything from wood, to bottles, to garbage cans, to wine bottles (which make nice candleholders).
2. Cut out the pictures you plan to use. You can choose photos, labels, postcards… anything that works for your concept.
3. Glue the pictures onto the surface.
4. Paint over the whole collage with diluted white glue. There are special decoupage glues out there, but regular school glue works just fine.
5. Let your work dry, then paint it again. About three to four layers of glue should do the trick.
Now your collage is transformed into a shiny, finished surface. So crafty!
Get relationship tips. Find help with your love life. Have a happy marriage. Sign up for our newsletter!